Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cinnamon Nutella Twists

 A Yummy Recipe


Do you remember forever ago when I posted about my homemade biscuit mix. If Not you can Find it here. I have another recipe for you that uses that mix. My Family and I have a new love and that is hazelnut spread. I especially love it with ice cream. Unfortunately I do not have an ice cream recipe for you but a breakfast one.

This week my daughter asked for cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I did not have 3 hours to make her real ones so I made a quick version with biscuit dough, and I also decided it needed hazelnut spread with it. And a side of strawberries. It was so good, I have to share it with you.

  Ingredients:

2 cups of biscuit mix
2/3 cup of milk
hazelnut spread
sugar and cinnamon mix

Put two cups of the biscuit mix in a bowl and make a well, pour in the 2/3 cup milk in slowly incorporating it into the mix, if is ends up a little sticky you can a little more mix. It should form a ball that you can kneed slightly. At this point you have biscuit dough.

Roll it out how you would for biscuits, but not as thick, less than 1/2 an inch. Slather on a layer of Hazelnut spread then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Cut the dough into long strips that are about 1/2 in wide. I usually end up with 10 to 12 strips. Twist each strip and place them on a baking sheet. Cook them in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes or until they are golden brown.

You can also glaze these if you want, but they are pretty sweet without.

More recipes you will love:

frozen pizza crust

frozen waffles

No comments:

Post a Comment